This is when things really start getting productive. Bad things that happened tonight:
- Probably stood around a little too much; felt too shy to ask anyone for help.
- I noticed that my legs were a lot shorter and thicker than all of the girls my size. Compared to them, my body looked “squished”; whereas theirs looked “normal”. It’s like my body was going for the stark German height, but than stopped at the Italian and was like, “This is good enough. She could totally stretch out more, but this is where we’re stopping.” …I used to be okay with my legs, but after seeing me next to everyone else, it really hit me.
But good things happened too!
- I had great bases!
- I did cool moves I hadn’t done in a year!
- I even did a spotted move I’d never done before.
- One of the guys—a prodigy at tumbling; really intimidating—said he’d help me with my back handspring, so I won’t have that excuse anymore.
- One of the facilitators said he really liked my flare! How I rode it, and how snappy I was. He had no obligation; he just came to me and said it.
- Oh, I finally got my full-down!
- Did I mention I had super fantastic AWESOME bases!?
- I saw hope. Hope that maybe, just maybe—if I really give my all this time—I have a chance.
So…Here’s to hoping. Take two at Gym-Masters. If it’s God’s will, and if I give Him everything, I’ll make it. He will get me on that team even if I have the lowest points out of everyone. All I have to do is trust Him, and give Him everything I’ve got.
Have a good night everyone!